Mews and Nips: Blind Kitten Charms BlogPaws Attendees

blind_kitten

If you’ve seen some my photos from BlogPaws, you’ve probably seen me hold a little grey blind kitten in a few of them. Odilia captured the hearts of many BlogPaws attendees, and I thought you’d like to hear more about her. Connie of Tails from the Foster Kittens brought little Odilia to BlogPaws all the way from Maine. Connie had very little information about Odilia when she rescued her from a shelter. Read Odilia’s Story to learn more about this special little girl.

cat_Oklahoma_tornadoes

It’s impossible to wrap your mind around the devastation in the wake of the Oklahoma tornadoes. Agencies from around the country are jumping in to help with rescue and recovery efforts. Vetstreet has compiled a list of organizations that are helping animals affected by the disaster by bringing in search dogs, donating food and supplies, and reuniting lost pets with their guardians. Hopefully, as a result of their hard work, and generous donations, we’ll see more happy endings like the one in the photo above of a woman who found her cat standing on the rubble of her destroyed home, as reported by Life with Cats.

If you missed any of the stories featured on The Conscious Cat this week, here’s a recap: On Monday, we told you everything you need to know about feline hyperthyroidism, on Tuesday, we emphasized the importance of playtime for cats, on Wednesday we featured our BlogPaws recap, and told you about Allegra and Ruby’s special visitor, and on Friday we reviewed Lorraine Bartlett’s One Hot Murder. And don’t forget to enter our giveaway of a Catit Interactive Play Circuit.

Today’s video is from the sublimely bizarre files. A cat in a shark suit riding on a Roomba, being chased by a duck? Go figure.

httpv://youtu.be/Of2HU3LGdbo

Have a great weekend!

Photo sources: photo of Odilia in my lap by Debbie Glovatsky, photo of Oklahoma woman from Life with Cats.

12 Comments on Mews and Nips: Blind Kitten Charms BlogPaws Attendees

1. Esme
    May 28, 2013 at 12:06 am (6 years ago)

What a great story about Odillia, Connie is wise in not wanting to disrupt the harmony.

2. Connie
    May 25, 2013 at 11:31 pm (6 years ago)

I wouldn’t have been in the least bit bothered if she had ended up in your suitcase 🙂 I was kind of hoping I would have found someone who couldn’t live their life with out her while I was at BlogPaws, ensuring that I’d be able to read about her through out her life, but alas no takers..

• Bobbi Hahn
      May 26, 2013 at 9:53 am (6 years ago)

Connie, I’m sure the perfect someone is out there for her; it’s just a matter of time. Oh, and she has the *most* adorable face!

3. The Island Cats
    May 25, 2013 at 9:48 pm (6 years ago)

That video made us meow out loud! The mom says little Odilia was a real sweetheart. She wanted to bring her home with her.

4. Glogirly and Katie
    May 25, 2013 at 11:45 am (6 years ago)

I was half-surprised that little Odilia didn’t end up in your suitcase! She was a lover alright…stealing hearts left and right.

Thank you for posting the links to for finding ways to help our OK friends become OK again. That photo is both heartbreaking and heartwarming. xo

…So is it wrong that I want to go out and buy a roomba and a cat-sized shark suit?
    ; ) Glogirly

May 25, 2013 at 5:04 pm (6 years ago)

I can just see Waffles riding the Roomba in a shark suit and Katie giving him the evil eye, Debbie!

5. Maxwell, Faraday & Allie
    May 25, 2013 at 11:33 am (6 years ago)

That roomba has us laughing. Faraday would be voted most likely to do something that bizarre over here…. Isn’t Odilia an adorable handful? Three out of three kitties over here are very glad we live in such an open-air, 2-story house that is *not* conducive to blind kitties…. (whew!). We saw how mom squeeed over her, after all.

May 25, 2013 at 5:03 pm (6 years ago)

I could totally see Faraday doing the Roomba thing!

6. Bobbi Hahn
    May 25, 2013 at 10:08 am (6 years ago)

Ingrid, I loved the story about Odilia and Connie’s caring for her; I applaud Connie’s selflessness in her willingness to surrender that adorable kitten to a forever home when the time comes.

The cat on the Roomba video had us laughing out loud!

Thank you for providing the info on organizations helping animals in Oklahoma. My son, Robert Hahn, is a meteorologist at Valley News Live, a TV station in Fargo, ND. The station organized a collection of donations to be delivered to The Bella Foundation, a rescue organization in Oklahoma City. My son and a videographer left Fargo yesterday, accompanying a SEMI loaded with donations of food, litter, water, food and water bowls, pet carriers, cleaning supplies, and anything else one could possibly think of thatmight be needed. Thanks to the generosity of the good people of North Dakota, the pets who were affected by the tornado will receive much-needed supplies today. I am very proud of Robert, and send grateful thanks to the management team at Valley News Live, who made this possible.

Have a great weekend, Ingrid – I hope you and the girls have an enjoyable and relaxing few days. Mozart and I will be going out on our deck shortly; she loves it out there, smelling all the good smells and watching the BIG birds fly by (great blue herons, ibis, and the occasional pelican). She’s so funny to watch – she’ll curl up on the nice green cushion of one of the deck chairs, her eyes will slowly drift closed, and suddenly her nose will twitch and her head pops up as the scent of something interesting registers. Ah, our cats provide us with such wonderful entertainment, along with companionship and all the other goodies associated with these fantastic felines!

May 25, 2013 at 5:03 pm (6 years ago)

That’s wonderful that your son’s station organized such a massive relief effort, Bobbi! You have a wonderful weekend, too!

• Bobbi Hahn
        May 25, 2013 at 9:07 pm (6 years ago)

They delivered 20 TONS of supplies, along with $5000 in donations. A spokesperson said this will help them for months!

• Connie
          May 25, 2013 at 11:29 pm (6 years ago)

AWESOME!!!