Do you love your cat’s veterinarian? Has she done something extraordinary to save your cat’s life? Does he just “get” your cat and make every visit as stress-free as possible for your cat? Maybe she has made a recommendation that really changed your cat’s life for the better?
The American Veterinary Medical Foundation (AVMF), the charitable arm of the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), is seeking nominations for amazing doctors of veterinary medicine from all aspects of the veterinary profession. Cat guardians who love their veterinarians are are encouraged to nominate these great doctors for a chance to be named America’s Favorite Veterinarian.
Nominating your veterinarian is easy:
- Visit the AVMF Facebook page “Nominate Your Vet” app;
- Submit a short story—250 words or less—on why this veterinarian deserves to be America’s Favorite Veterinarian;
- Upload a photo of your pet, your pet and your favorite veterinarian, or your favorite veterinarian;
- Deadline June 1, 2013.
America’s Favorite Veterinarian will receive a named donation to the AVMF and the nominator will win $250. Both will receive a trip to the AVMA Annual Convention in Chicago to attend the AVMF Impact and Partner Breakfast on July 21, 2013, where the winner will also receive complimentary registration.
The contest’s panel of judges includes:
- Steve Dale, syndicated pet columnist and host of “Steve Dale’s Pet World”;
- Dr. Bernadine D. Cruz, a small animal veterinarian and radio and television personality;
- Ginger Brainard, chair of the America’s Favorite Veterinarian Task Force;
- Kimberly Topper, member of the AVMF board of directors; and
- Dr. Susan Giovengo, senior director of Central Garden & Pet Co.
For more information about the AVMF and this contest, visit http://www.avmf.org/. For more information about the AVMA, visit http://www.avma.org/.
Allegra, Ruby and I nominated Dr. Andrea Tasi of Just Cats Naturally. Dr Tasi owns a homeopathic feline-only housecall practice in the greater Washington DC area, and we absolutely adore her (well, I probably adore her a bit more than Allegra and Ruby…).
Will you be nominating your vet? Tell us what you like best about him or her in a comment!