Allegra and Ruby give new Neko Flies toys four paws up

Allegra with Neko Flies Kattipede

Allegra and Ruby were super excited to test three new attachments for the popular Neko Flies interactive toy. Neko Flies is a perennial favorite at our house.

Nekochan Enterprises, Inc., a company specializing in the development, manufacturing, and distribution of unique, high quality pet products, was started by Ellen Tsuyuki, a multiple cat owner, because she was dissatisfied with toys available in the cat toy marketplace. Ellen decided to create a toy that would measure up to her and her cats’ particular needs. Ellen named the company after her mother’s Abyssynian cat Nekochan (“neko” means cat in Japanese, “chan” is a term of endearment). The Neko Flies attachments mimic critters cats might encounter in the wild. For someone like me, who is not fond of creepy crawlies, the likeness is almost a bit eerie at times!

The three newest attachments will be available late October/early November. We received the Kattipede, which looks like a green and red centipede, complete with wiggly legs, the Kiticatterfly, a butterfly with beautiful shiny irridescent wings, and the Foxifur Kittenator, which resembles a very furry mouse.

Allegra with Kiticatterfly

As you can see from this action shot of Allegra playing with the Kiticatterfly, the toys were a big hit.

Ruby with Kattipede

This photos shows Ruby after “killing” the Kattipede. What you can’t see in the photo, but can hear in the video below, is her low growl. She always does this after catching a toy.

httpv://youtu.be/5eXR-1SCYV4

The girls and I loved the older Neko Flies toys, but these new ones appear to be even more popular. They’re a little larger than the older ones, and they move even better. If I had to pick a favorite, I’d pick the Kiticatterfly. When we play with it, the girls’ behavior is very much the same as it is when they’ve got a moth cornered. To me, that’s a testament as to how well these toys mimic real critters.

I’ll leave you with this video of Allegra playing with the Kattipede.

httpv://youtu.be/Xr1eOc_RXEQ

The new attachments will be available late October/early November, and we’ll have an exclusive discount code for Conscious Cat readers only at that time. In the meantime, please visit the Neko Flies website to take a look at all their products.

20 Comments on Allegra and Ruby give new Neko Flies toys four paws up

1. Paulette Smith
    November 21, 2012 at 9:46 pm (8 years ago)

Just tried to order a complete set of Neko Flies and it would not accept the coupon code CSCCAT2.. They said code not valid! .??? 🙁

November 22, 2012 at 6:32 am (8 years ago)

Neko Flies is having some technical difficulties with their site, Paulette. The comment should work today – I’ll update the post with the code as soon as I hear from Neko Flies. I apologize for any inconvenience.

2. Ryker's Boyz 'n' Allie
    September 29, 2012 at 9:53 pm (8 years ago)

Wow, it was nice to hear how the company began. And truly – the neko fly is the ONLY toy that has lasted beyond a week in our home. We just found out at Sparkle’s site that Chewy sells them too – SCORE!

September 30, 2012 at 6:48 am (8 years ago)

Same here – it’s the one toy Allegra and Ruby never seem to get bored with.

3. Anjali Banerjee
    September 28, 2012 at 6:07 pm (8 years ago)

Our kitties love love love the Neko flies too, but I guess each kitty is different (reading comment above about kitty who is afraid of Neko fly). We have kitties who love the red dot, for example, and a kitty who runs from it in fear! 🙂

September 28, 2012 at 6:44 pm (8 years ago)

Oh no, I wonder what your kitty thinks the red dot is going to do to her, Anjali!

4. Pam
    September 27, 2012 at 8:46 pm (8 years ago)

It’s great to watch Ruby and Allegra having so much fun with these toys!

Alas, my kitty is afraid of his NekoFlies dragonfly toy. I cannot figure that out, because when out in the back yard he does fantastic leaps and flips for the real dragonflies.

Also he loves his DaBird toy. Just can’t figure it out why he’s afraid of the NekoFlies toy!

September 27, 2012 at 9:22 pm (8 years ago)

That’s so odd that your kitty is afraid of the toy dragonfly, but not the real thing, Pam. Maybe he’d like the Kitticatterfly – it’s more like a butterfly than a dragonfly.

• Jenny | Floppycats
        September 27, 2012 at 9:39 pm (8 years ago)

Charlie and Trigg love the kittenator – go for that one!

5. sue brandes
    September 27, 2012 at 6:30 pm (8 years ago)

They are having so much fun! Love the little growl. LOL. I think my kitties would love these too.

September 27, 2012 at 9:21 pm (8 years ago)

They do love those toys, Sue.

6. Paulette Smith
    September 27, 2012 at 4:42 pm (8 years ago)

Thanks for the info, can’t wait to purchase a set for my four furry babies!

7. Jenny | Floppycats
    September 27, 2012 at 12:31 pm (8 years ago)

i love the growling in the videos – that is my favorite!! my cats do that too – i think it’s hilarious.

September 27, 2012 at 4:31 pm (8 years ago)

Ruby is the first of my cats to do that, Jenny. It makes me laugh every time.

• Jenny | Floppycats
        September 27, 2012 at 4:32 pm (8 years ago)

charlie and trigg both do it and so did a friend of mine’s cat who i gifted neko flies to for christmas!

September 27, 2012 at 4:31 pm (8 years ago)

I haven’t met a kitty yet who didn’t love them, Debbie.

September 27, 2012 at 4:30 pm (8 years ago)

I know you and Kitshka would have fun with them, Texas!

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Allegra and Ruby give new Neko Flies toys four paws up

1. […] Allegra and Ruby recently reviewed some of Neko Flies’ newest attachments (Allegra is shown with the Kitticatterfly above) and gave them four paws up. These toys come out almost every day at our house, and the girls never seem to get bored with them. […]