Allegra’s World: Adoption Anniversary

tortoiseshell_cat_coloring

Today is my adoption anniversary! I’ve been in my forever home for two years now! Back then, I thought that day was the happiest day of my life for sure. But every day since then has been even happier, and things got even better when Ruby joined us last year.

I love my life! I love my Mom, and I love my little sister, even if she sometimes is a pain in the you know what. We have so much fun together, and Mom makes our lives so nice.

Look how tiny I was back then!

tortoiseshell_kitten

When I first came here, my big sister Amber taught me how things were done in my new home. We had lots of intense conversations like this one. It was good to have someone show me the ropes. I know Amber got exasperated with me at times, but she was very patient. She knew I was just a baby then, and didn’t know any better.

Amber showing Allegra the ropes

When Ruby joined us last year, I became the big sister. Now I knew a little of what Amber went through when I first arrived. Little sisters can be so annoying! Thankfully, Ruby was a quick learner, and most of the time, I love having her around. We have so much fun playing together and chasing each other around the house.

Ruby and Allegra on the window perch

Mom said today is all about me, and that we’re all going to celebrate my special day. I’m the luckiest cat in the whole wide world!

Cat_Daddy_Jackson_Galaxy

13 Comments on Allegra’s World: Adoption Anniversary

1. Katnip Lounge
    April 7, 2012 at 1:59 pm (7 years ago)

Happy Belated Gotcha Day! Allegra, we hope you had a great one…and may today be even better.

2. Esme
    April 7, 2012 at 12:09 am (7 years ago)

Allegra was so tiny-it is hard to believe it has been two years. how fun that they had a party. Good night.

xoxo Esme and the twins.

3. Ingrid
    April 6, 2012 at 6:08 pm (7 years ago)

Thank you for all the good wishes. It’s hard to believe it’s been two years. The girls just had a special celebration dinner, and I have a feeling they will party late into the night. 🙂

4. Caren Gittleman
    April 6, 2012 at 6:06 pm (7 years ago)

Happy Anniversary Allegra!!! Amber did a wonderful job training you to be a good big sister! You are the purrfect role model!!

I hope that you had tons of fun with your Mom and Ruby!

Cody, Dakota and I send you wishes for many more happy years together!
    xxoxoxoxo

5. Nerissa's Life
    April 6, 2012 at 3:00 pm (7 years ago)

Happy Gotcha Day! May your day be filled with love & cuddles and treats & nip. Lots and lots of the nip!

6. Julia Williams
    April 6, 2012 at 1:37 pm (7 years ago)

Happy, Happy Gotcha Day Allegra!! You are one lucky kitty to have such a wonderful home with such a loving Mom and nice sisfur. You sure were a cute inky dinky baby, too.

7. Bobbi Hahn
    April 6, 2012 at 12:22 pm (7 years ago)

Happy Anniversary of your adoption, Allegra! I can’t believe it’s been two years already. I hope you, Mom and Ruby have a wonderful celebration, with lots of fun and some special treats.

8. RumpyDog!
    April 6, 2012 at 10:17 am (7 years ago)

Oh Dog! Happy Gotcha! Day Allegra!

9. Connie
    April 6, 2012 at 10:12 am (7 years ago)

Happy Gotcha Day! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

10. Max the Quilt Cat
    April 6, 2012 at 9:46 am (7 years ago)

Happy Anniversary. Have a wonderful celebration.

Have a great weekend.

pawhugs, Max

11. maru
    April 6, 2012 at 8:43 am (7 years ago)

Happy anniversary!
    When they get home is a day to remember… pieces of loving memories.

12. Marg
    April 6, 2012 at 7:52 am (7 years ago)

Allegra, we sure remember when you came to live with Ingrid. You sure have grown into a gorgeous kitty. Happy Gotcha day to you. We know you will get tons of great treats today. Take care. Happy Easter too.