Conscious Cat Sunday: Get happy

Get Happy

How many of you remember the theme song to The Partridge Family TV show? “Hello world, here’s a song that we’re singing. Come on, get happy!” And how many of you had a crush on David Cassidy?

But I digress. This post is about getting happy. Is there a formula for happiness?  Is there one sure-fire way to achieve everything we want in life?  Well, actually, there just might be.  And it’s as simple, or as complicated, as getting happy.  Simple, because we all have the power to do it.  Complicated, because our conditioning tells us it’s not that easy.

Everything around us is energy, including our thoughts. If we focus our thoughts on things that make us happy, our energy shifts to a better place, and we tend to attract more happiness.   But how do we do this in a world that seems to be so full of unhappy things?

We do it by making a conscious decision that we want to be happy.  We have the power to choose our thoughts – so why not choose thoughs that make us feel good?  We can make these conscious choices in every single moment – by choosing to focus on what is working in our lives rather than complaining about what isn’t, by choosing books and television programs that make us feel good rather than depressed or upset, by choosing to be with people who uplift us rather than drag us down into negativity.

Once we focus predominantly on that which makes us feel good, we’ll find that the world around us changes.  Life flows more easily.   We attract people and situations into our reality that are pleasant rather than frustrating.   Our lives work better.  We get happy.

And if you need a little help with feeling good, you don’t have to look any further than to your cats.  They’re masters at making themselves feel good.

What will you to today to get happy?

15 Comments on Conscious Cat Sunday: Get happy

1. Anna
    August 29, 2011 at 3:28 pm (8 years ago)

Thank you for this great post, Ingrid! Thank you for reminding me these precious truths!

August 29, 2011 at 4:54 pm (8 years ago)

I’m glad you enjoyed the post, Anna.

2. maru
    August 29, 2011 at 11:52 am (8 years ago)

Late reader, but I’m happy to start my week with you reminding me of this.
    It is important, to have the right energy and keep it.
    Best week for all.

August 29, 2011 at 11:58 am (8 years ago)

You have a great week, too, Maru!

3. Nancy
    August 28, 2011 at 12:25 pm (8 years ago)

What a happy posting this is! That song made me smile. So did your words!

August 28, 2011 at 5:46 pm (8 years ago)

So glad you enjoyed the post, Nancy!

4. caren gittleman
    August 28, 2011 at 8:47 am (8 years ago)

“What we think becomes our reality” if we remain happy and positive we draw that energy to us.

Ingrid you couldn’t be more on the money.

I remember that song, but no, I wasn’t a David Cassidy girl, I WAS a huge fan of Mickey Dolenz from the Monkees though. He was a clown. As a child I adored Jerry Lewis. I think I inherently have always known how to draw “happy”

Today I will do what I do every day, laugh with abandon!

August 28, 2011 at 12:03 pm (8 years ago)

You have the best laugh, Caren – it was so much fun to spend a little time with you at BlogPaws.

• caren gittleman
        August 28, 2011 at 2:08 pm (8 years ago)

lol Ingrid thank you!!! My old boss at the newspaper in Cleveland said when I moved to Michigan that is what she missed lol. Thanks!

Thank you I LOVED spending time with YOU as well and wish it had been longer. If I come to Virginia again I want to go to your clothing haunts because you have the EXACT taste that I LOVE in clothes. Artsy!!

((((hugs))))

August 28, 2011 at 5:46 pm (8 years ago)

It’s a deal – shopping trip the next time you come here!

5. Dawn
    August 28, 2011 at 8:06 am (8 years ago)

I needed to read this today. I am a firm believer in positive thinking, but as I sit and hear wind and other noises during Irene it was hard to focus on that. I feel better now. 🙂

And yes, I had a crush on David Cassidy.

August 28, 2011 at 12:03 pm (8 years ago)

I had a hard time between the earthquake earlier this week and Irene last night to stay positive, Dawn. I hope by now Irene is out of your area and you’re okay.

August 28, 2011 at 12:02 pm (8 years ago)

Sorry about that, Mason! It is a catchy tune, isn’t it? You have a great Sunday, too.