cat with camera

Cat videos are taking over the internet. According to some statistics, 30% of all videos on YouTube are cat videos. You’ve probably seen some of them: Surprised Kitty (52 million views), The Two Talking Cats (44 million views), or Cat Mom Hugs Baby Kitten (32 million views),  just to name a few.

Did you ever wonder how these viral videos are created? You’ll be surprised to find out that it takes a lot more than a camera and some cute cats. Watch and find out what purrportedly goes on behind the scenes at the filming of cat videos.

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uBZRE5mXpc

Related reading:

Feline casting call: your cat could be on TV

Pet photography: an interview with Megan Lee of Paws and Claws Photography

9 Comments on Kittywood Studios: Behind the scenes of the most popular cat videos on the internet

1. Ingrid
    October 5, 2011 at 7:16 am (8 years ago)

Dream Talker, there is no such thing as Kittywood Studios. It was all a very-well executed spoof. I certainly fell for it 🙂

• Dream Talker
      October 5, 2011 at 7:21 am (8 years ago)

Ingrid, thank you very much! I got reply soon.

2. Carol's Critter Corner
    August 18, 2011 at 10:37 pm (8 years ago)

Great actors, great video. They just happen to be around whenever kitties do funny things! LOL. 🙂

3. Marilia
    August 17, 2011 at 7:02 pm (8 years ago)

We love this video… firstly I suposed it´s true! Heheheh!
    Kisses
    Ps.: sorry my bad English!

4. Julia Williams
    August 17, 2011 at 5:04 pm (8 years ago)

I’m pretty sure (99.99%) that was a spoof and Kittywood Studios is fictional. Very funny, but fictional.

August 17, 2011 at 5:18 pm (8 years ago)

If it’s a spoof, then a lot of journalists and bloggers, including CBS News, have fallen for it!

• Julia Williams
        August 17, 2011 at 7:14 pm (8 years ago)

Yeah, well it is cleverly done. I actually had to google it to make sure. But they even confirm it on their YouTube description: Awesome special thanks to the guys at Rooster Teeth who lent us their studio and talent for this vid.

Just google Kittywood Studios spoof and you’ll see.

August 17, 2011 at 7:56 pm (8 years ago)

Well, they got me! And it’s not even April Fool’s.

I guess the fact that I couldn’t find a website for Kittywood Studios should have been my first clue…

• Dream Talker
            October 5, 2011 at 6:51 am (8 years ago)

Anyone could found “Kittywood Studios” website?
            I have the same question.
            all source link to youtube video,but no one link to their website.
            Why?