Ruby’s Reflections: Ruby and the Refrigerator

It’s my turn to write! Wee!!! Boy, do I have lots to tell you!

What, Allegra? It’s my turn! You got to write last week! Oh, okay. Allegra wants to make sure that I ask you to vote for Mom’s blog twice a day through July 29 so she can win Petties for Best Cat Blog and Best Overall Pet Blog. We love our Mom and we really want her to win. We’ve been working really hard to make sure people vote twice a day, every day.

But this post is about me! Me, me, me!!! I’ve had a couple of big adventures since I last wrote!

For starters, last week, I fell off the top of the refrigerator. Don’t worry, I’m fine. But see, I like to hang out there. The view from up there is awesome! I can see the kitchen, living room, dining room, and stairway. It’s so cool! And I like to roll around on top, and hang my head over the side and look at the world upside down. That’s what I was doing last week, when, all of a sudden, I started slipping off the side!

I was really scared, but thankfully Mom was in the kitchen and she saw me slip. She reacted quickly and grabbed me halfway down. I was so spooked that I wouldn’t let her hold on to me, and I landed right on top of a full glass of water that was sitting on the counter I was heading for. Yikes! Miraculously, the glass didn’t break, but I landed in the puddle of water it created when it toppled over, and that really creeped me out. Now I was scared and wet! I took off running. I didn’t even know where I was running to, I just wanted to get out of the kitchen!

When Mom finally caught up with me, I could tell she was upset. I didn’t do it on purpose, I just slipped! Then I realized that she wasn’t upset with me, she was worried that I had hurt myself. Well, maybe my pride was hurt – I felt a little silly. And I was wet. But otherwise, I was fine.  Allegra was watching the whole thing and I could tell she was alternately worried, amused, and relieved.

Mom told me that this was enough excitement for her for a while. But apparently, it wasn’t for me.

A few days after the great refrigerator tumble, I got myself in trouble again. I like playing in the bathtub. It’s fun to get behind the shower curtain and just walk around in there, and pretend that nobody knows where I’m at. I go there periodically throughout the day. Mom goes in there once a day, and I always wait for her right outside. When she goes in there, strange things happen, and I don’t want any part of that.

Well, the other day, Mom was in there. But I forgot that she was. I took a flying leap through the crack between the shower curtain and the wall, right into the tub. That’s when I realized that there was water falling from the ceiling! Lots of water! Eeeeek!!! I tried to jump back out, but lost my footing on the wet bottom. By the time I finally got out, I was really wet!

I wanted to get a far away from the bathroom as I could as fast as I could, so I tore through the house, trying to get away from the wet – except, the wet was following me! I finally realized that there was no way I could outrun it, so I sat down and started to try and dry myself off. By that time, Mom had caught up with me and wiped me down with a towel. I can’t believe Mom goes in there and stands under that water every day. Humans are just weird. Why doesn’t she just lick herself clean like I do?

Humans say things come in three’s, but so far, I’ve been a good kitten and haven’t gotten myself in any more trouble. Besides, humans say a lot of strange things. I know Mom is holding her breath, though.

That’s it as far as excitement around here goes. I’m really going to try to be a good little kitten. But I can hear a roll of toilet paper calling my name…

2011 Petties Best Cat Blog Best Overall Pet Blog

Thank you for nominating us for two Petties.
Only three more days to vote – please vote every day!

Click here to vote

15 Comments on Ruby’s Reflections: Ruby and the Refrigerator

1. Esme
    July 31, 2011 at 11:13 pm (8 years ago)

Ruby glad to hear that you did not get hurt falling off the fridge, sorry I just had to laugh about your shower story. Try to stay dry this week.

2. Julie
    July 27, 2011 at 1:32 pm (8 years ago)

Ruby you are sure a cute little kitty! I’m glad you are okay after your tumble – I’m sure you gave your mom quite a scare! (you probably scared her when you showed up in the shower too!)

Thanks for making me laugh this morning 🙂

July 27, 2011 at 8:32 pm (8 years ago)

I’m glad Ruby made you laugh, Julie. After I got over being scared for her both times, I laughed, too. Only with her, of course, never at her!

3. Layla Morgan Wilde
    July 27, 2011 at 10:07 am (8 years ago)

Ruby, are you sure you having been secretly taking mischief lessons from Odin? And, have been back to the top of the fridge? Off to go vote now.

July 27, 2011 at 10:51 am (8 years ago)

Layla, she was back on top of the fridge later that same day. And I wouldn’t be surprised if she and Odin were communicating. At the very least, she’s clearly getting inspired by reading about his adventures on your blog. Thanks for voting!

4. Caren Gittleman
    July 27, 2011 at 9:28 am (8 years ago)

Ruby I gotta tell ya first that I am super happy you are ok (after falling off of the refrigerator) but on the other paw, I was laughing (sorry) and a teeny tiny bit disappointed at how you totally trashed the theory about all of us felines and how adept we are with balance and judging space. That’s ok, you’re a kitten and you are still learning.

About the tub and the water? WOW!! That sure gave me an amazing visual, that had to be super scary!! Bet you won’t be hanging around the tub any time soon! I am glad you are ok after that adventure too!

Yeah, yeah your Mom is right about many things happening in threes, I say it’s time for you to dispute that theory Ruby. For your sake I sure hope there isn’t a full moon anytime soon!

Off to go and vote for your Mama

Love from your pal,
    Cody

July 27, 2011 at 10:50 am (8 years ago)

Cody, I’m happy to report that Allegra was back in the tub later that same day. Clearly, she either has a short memory, or she’s fearless (I think it’s the latter). But she’s been a very good girl since these two adventures!

5. frankie
    July 27, 2011 at 9:22 am (8 years ago)

Thanks for the warning! We seem to have a lot in common. Top of the fridge, hiding in the bath curtain…and TOILET PAPER. One of my favorite activities is unrolling and nibbling on toilet paper. Do you ever find the toilet paper chases you around the house? Sometimes it gets hold of my tail and runs me down…but I always go back for more. Anyway, you are a smart ladycat and I bet a few little mishaps won’t stop YOU from going back for more.

Sincerely,

Your Admirer Frankie

July 27, 2011 at 10:48 am (8 years ago)

Allegra says toilet paper is the best, Frankie! She also thinks you’re very handsome.

6. Sammy, One Spoiled Cat
    July 27, 2011 at 7:34 am (8 years ago)

Well Ruby – it sounds like you continue to enjoy your kittenhood – as well you should! Sam thinks it’s weird that people actually TRY to get wet in a shower too…..he’s not fond of “wet” himself. He’s never been on top of the refrigerator because there’s no way to get UP there but I’m sure he’d like the view. Cats do like to keep constant watch over their domain!

Thanks to you and Allegra for reminding us daily to vote. We’re doing just that!

Pam and Sam, One Spoiled Cat

July 27, 2011 at 10:47 am (8 years ago)

Sammy, if it wasn’t for humans being so strange, cats would have less to laugh about, right? Thank you for voting every day!

7. Max the Quilt Cat
    July 27, 2011 at 6:47 am (8 years ago)

Great tales of your adventures….. Wet is not a good thing. Yes, we’ve been voting and voting. We want your mom to win too. I’m on my way to vote right now. Have a good day.

pawhugs, Max

July 27, 2011 at 10:45 am (8 years ago)

Thanks for voting, Max!

2Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Ruby’s Reflections: Ruby and the Refrigerator

1. […] you read my sister Ruby’s post last week, you already know that she’s had quite a few adventures. Ha, and Mom thought I was a handful […]

2. […] You know how last week, I told you about my big refrigerator tumble and my unplanned shower, and how Mom was holding her breath, because these things usually come in three’s? Well, […]