Feline casting call: your cat could be on TV!

My Cat from Hell Animal Planet Jackson Galaxy

The news cat lovers have been waiting for broke yesterday afternoon: Animal Planet has renewed “My Cat from Hell” for a second season! The show features cat behaviorist extraordinaire Jackson Galaxy, who’s tough on the outside but sensitive on the inside – especially when it comes to cats and their owners. Jackson helps frustrated cat owners improve their relationships with their behaviorally challenged cat.

Cat behaviorist by day and musician by night, Jackson comes to the the rescue with a guitar case filled with cat toys and training aides. Jackson trains the humans as much as he trains the cats, since the majority of feline behavior problems are caused by humans not understanding cats’ natural behaviors. What may seem a problem to humans is perfectly natural and instinctual behavior for a cat. Jackson helps cat guardians understand the reasons why these cats are causing their owners headaches, and then works with the owners and their cats to find solutions.

Animal Planet is currently looking for “behaviorally challenged” cats to be featured in the six episodes for the 2nd season, which will begin shooting in August. If your cat’s behavior is driving you or others crazy, if you need help getting your cat to behave, or if your spouse or boyfriend has threatened that it’s him or the cat, you and your cat might have a chance to be on the show.

For more information, please visit Jackson’s website. You must live in or around Los Angeles to be considered.

For more information, please read my exclusive interview with Jackson for The Conscious Cat.

2011 Petties Best Cat Blog Best Overall Pet Blog

Thank you for nominating us for two Petties.
We need your help to win – please vote every day!

Click here to vote

8 Comments on Feline casting call: your cat could be on TV!

1. Nancyjo Sobolewski
    April 5, 2019 at 9:42 am (8 months ago)

Our two brother/sister Bangles 5year old Cats all of a sudden are going to KILL each other! Sad Female has to live in bedroom only. WE NEED HELP PLZ. We do not want to get rid of one. We love them.

2. Debbie
    July 8, 2011 at 2:00 pm (8 years ago)

I was so glad that Jackson’s show was renewed. I’ve learned a lot from reading his site and interviews too. Luckily, none of my cats are from Hell, but I do work with lots of shelter cats and once in a while we have ones who either have their hellish moments, or have been there physically. I think you can learn something from every trainer (dogs, cats, horses) even if you don’t agree 100% with their methods. (Not that I have any problems with Jackson’s!)

The title “My Cat From Hell” certainly caught everyone’s attention; would it have gained such a following if it had been titled “Cat Wisdom 101”? Probably not.

July 8, 2011 at 9:14 pm (8 years ago)

Debbie, I learned a lot from Jackson’s show, website, and interviews, too. I thought I knew a lot about cats, but he made me understand cats even better. I love his focus on retraining the humans involved to accept that some of the things we consider behavior problems are really just cats being cats.

3. Layla Morgan Wilde
    July 8, 2011 at 11:28 am (8 years ago)

We’re all thrilled of course. His fans really went to bat for him. I wish he’d do an east coast version. Maybe next year!

July 8, 2011 at 9:12 pm (8 years ago)

Are you thinking by next year, Odin will be a candidate ;-)?

4. Julia Williams
    July 7, 2011 at 1:49 pm (8 years ago)

Yay! I love this show and am happy it got renewed. Now if only they would change the stupid name of the show. I really hate it. Thankfully, my kitties are all *mostly* well behaved, so we won’t be applying. =^..^=

July 7, 2011 at 5:07 pm (8 years ago)

I don’t care for the name of the show, either, Julia, but if that’s what it took to get the ratings needed to renew it for a second season, I can live with it.

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Feline casting call: your cat could be on TV!