Allegra’s World: Falling Leaves

It’s been too long since I last wrote on here!  I’ve been a busy girl, lots of fun things going on here.  I”m continuing to be a big help to Mom, assisting her with getting the Reiki room ready and greeting her clients, doing my part in helping with chores, and just generally being my cute self.

I love looking out the windows, and there are some very cool things happening outside our house these days.  It’s been pretty breezy lately, and things are falling from the trees and blowing around in the yard!  Wee!!!  Mom says it’s called fall (finally humans call something  by a name that actually makes sense!), and she says that the leaves change color and then fall off the trees.  I can’t really see the color part all that well.  My vision is much sharper than humans’ and I can see in very dim light, which you humans can’t, but I don’t have much use for color.  But I love watching the leaves fall and swirl – it makes for great entertainment.

All that leave peeping makes me tired, though, so the other day, when Mom was sitting on her sofa reading, I tried something new.  I climbed on her lap, and curled up for a nice long nap.  It was nice – Mom’s lap was soft, and I loved being so close to her.  I could tell that Mom was really happy I did that.  I’ve never done it before.  I’m an independent girl, and while I love being with my mom, and sleep with her in bed at night, I don’t need to be on top of her all the time.  But this was really nice, and I think I may have to do it again sometime.  I know Mom misses my sister Amber, who, she says, was a lap cat.  Well, I don’t know about being a lap cat, but if it makes Mom happy, I can snooze in her lap every now and then.  I also love that Mom loves me for who I am, and isn’t trying to make me into something I’m not, even though she might like me to be a little more cuddly.  I’ve got to be me!  But I love Mom, so I’m going to try.  Really, I am!

Gotta go – more leaves blowing by the window.  Wee!!!

11 Comments on Allegra’s World: Falling Leaves

1. Pat and Miss Mooka
    November 17, 2010 at 4:46 pm (9 years ago)

Well, Allegra, it’s clear to see that you’re getting your Mom properly trained. That is reassuring to my kitties, Ash the Man, Marley and Curious George. Who, tthough t times spat with each other, do agree now on your good sense.

And Miss Mooka sends her best, too. Being 80 lb. of German Shepherd/Malamute mix, it’s hard to believe how bossy these kitties can be.

2. Ingrid
    October 29, 2010 at 8:09 pm (9 years ago)

Mason, Allegra loves that window perch. We have a second one in my bedroom – I think sometimes she has a hard time deciding which one to use first!

Layla, Allegra is taking the compliments in stride 🙂

Michelle, thank you. If you’d like, you can post a photo of Chaos on our Facebook page, I’d love to see her! BTW, Chaos sounds like a perfect name for a tortie 🙂

3. Michelle
    October 29, 2010 at 5:31 pm (9 years ago)

What a beautiful cat. She looks like my tortie, Chaos, just a little bit bigger.

4. Layla Morgan Wilde AKA Boomer Muse
    October 29, 2010 at 5:07 pm (9 years ago)

Allegra, being cute is a full time job so don’t worry about any other chores. Lap sitting is the most revered activity and I’m sure you’ll master it. P.S. please don’t let this go to your head, but you’ve grown into a beautiful young lady.

5. Mason Canyon
    October 29, 2010 at 3:36 pm (9 years ago)

Allegra you are growing up to be a wise and beautiful cat. You’re right, Moms do enjoy having a lap cat so it’s good that you try it from time to time. Have a happy and fun Halloween.
    BTW, I like your seat by the window. Makes for a nice view.

Mason
    Thoughts in Progress

6. Ingrid
    October 29, 2010 at 1:34 pm (9 years ago)

Max, I hope eventually, Allegra will follow your lead and decide that laps are a wonderful thing all the time!

Marg, you have a great weekend, too.

Bernadette, I never thought she’d mellow out this quickly. Well, mellow may be exaggerating just a bit 🙂

Hani, she did grow up so fast, didn’t she?

7. hani
    October 29, 2010 at 10:25 am (9 years ago)

wow….long time no see..im very surprise seeing allegra grown up …and ..really a..big and beautifull girl…love you…

8. animalartist
    October 29, 2010 at 10:08 am (9 years ago)

[Pssst…don’t tell Allegra, but she’s growing up to be a sweet, mature girl!]

9. Marg
    October 29, 2010 at 10:05 am (9 years ago)

Oh good girl Allegra for sitting on Mom’s lap. We all know that she loved that. She is a good Mom and you are very lucky to have her. She takes such good care of you. Take care Allegra and get in Mom’s lap some more. Bet you would bet some extra treats or toys. Have a good weekend.

10. Max the Quilt Cat
    October 29, 2010 at 6:49 am (9 years ago)

Sounds like you found the purrrfect place to nap from time to time. I always loved sitting on people. In fact, I never found a lap I didn’t love.

Have a great weekend.

pawhugs… Max

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Allegra’s World: Falling Leaves

1. […] write something again!  Life has been very good here.  Remember that lap thing I told you about last time?  I did it again one more time, and I really liked it again that time.  I know it made Mom […]