About a month ago, I talked about how making a conscious decision to get happy can really make a difference in how we feel and how we approach our life. But some days, our mood and energetic vibration just seem to be such that even getting to the place where we can make that decision can be a bit of a stretch.
For those days, it helps to have a ready list of thoughts, images and actions that can help to shift your mood and vibration almost instantly. You can’t think of something beautiful or someone you really love and not feel better. Picture a place where you’ve always felt good in the past, and just thinking about that place will change your mood. Put on a beautiful piece of music and your vibration will change.
Here are some of my “vibration shifters:”
- Watching Amber sleep in her sunny spot.
- Amber’s purr.
- Listening to music – depending on what mood I’m trying to change, it can be anything from symphonic power metal to Jimmy Buffett.
- Imagining myself walking along the beach at sunrise.
- Reading a favorite passage in a favorite book.
- Ice cream – preferably Ben and Jerry’s chocolate chip cookie dough or Cherry Garcia.
Just writing these down shifted my energy into a better feeling place. What are your mood shifters?