Mews and Nips: How Did Your Cat Do During the Solar Eclipse?

solar-eclipse-cat

Solar eclipse shadows seen through blinds – Wikimedia Commons

Did you get to see the eclipse on Monday? Did your cats do anything out of the ordinary before, during or after? Allegra and Ruby were a little more agitated than usual, but I think that was mostly due to the fact that for about two hours that afternoon, I was in and out of the house quite a bit to watch from my front yard. I loved seeing the eclipse through my special glasses, but what I found really enchanting was seeing the eclipse shadows under the trees. I thought it was magical.

The Washington Post reported on an adventurous Maine Coon kitten named Tolstoy at the centerline of totality in its liveblog of the eclipse.

If you missed any of the stories featured on the Conscious Cat this week, here’s a recap: on Monday, Dr. Kris answered last month’s questions, on Tuesday, we reviewed the ToughGrip litter mat and QuickScoop litter scoop from PetFusion, on Wednesday, I announced that The Concious Cat, in partnership with Jackson Galaxy Solutions, will be the Rescue Cat Sponsor at the National Capital Cat show, and on Friday, I told you that my book Adventures in Veterinary Medicine: What Working in Veterinary Hospitals Taught Me About Life, Love and Myself is available for free for Amazon Prime members until October. And don’t forget to enter our giveaway for a “Snowflake” NVR Miss Litter Box!

Today’s video features some serious cuteness overload – enjoy!

Have a great weekend!

contribute banner ad

8 Comments on Mews and Nips: How Did Your Cat Do During the Solar Eclipse?

1. Diane Ricciardi Stewart
    August 29, 2017 at 2:42 am (3 weeks ago)

Ingrid, being that I work nights (I am a poker/pit dealer in a casino), my cats and I slept through the whole thing. When I got up for work in the afternoon, it was just a little darker than normal, but otherwise nothing special for us here in WV. . . ♥♥♥

2. rena
    August 26, 2017 at 6:21 pm (3 weeks ago)

Mine slept through the whole thing.

3. Patti Zentara
    August 26, 2017 at 12:23 pm (3 weeks ago)

I put up a car visor on the window for Sedona to block the sunshine pouring in that windoe.
    She acted just fine after the eclipse. Her loving, silly sell.
    My daughter and I went out to observe it.
    The temperature dropped to 65 in two minutes+” Zowie

4. Crystal
    August 26, 2017 at 10:20 am (3 weeks ago)

My cat stayed pretty normal. She slept for most of the day. I didn’t get to see the eclipse but it got darker in the afternoon

5. Angela Gosselin
    August 26, 2017 at 8:30 am (4 weeks ago)

In honor of this momentous event our kitties took an extra long siesta..lol. Life is grand, four paws to the wind ❤️

6. Janine
    August 26, 2017 at 7:41 am (4 weeks ago)

I had one that puked a few times that morning. But I couldn’t say that was anything unusual. During the event, they all acted normal and just slept through it.

7. Debbie Ramsey
    August 26, 2017 at 7:20 am (4 weeks ago)

It was cloudy here so we could not see it. It got a little dark but not much. Just another day in our house

August 26, 2017 at 7:11 am (4 weeks ago)

I had to work so I missed it. My kitties just slept through it. Have a great day.