Do You Have a Mutual Rescue Story?

mutual-rescue-stories

The phrase “who rescued who” seems to apply to many of us who have adopted rescue cats. Most of us, at one time or another, have experienced the healing power of cats. They comfort us when we’re sad, make us smile even on our most stressful days, and offer unconditional love. Some cats even save their human’s life.

Mutual Rescue, an organization dedicated to celebrating the bond between people and their pets through sharing stories in film and print, has produced several beautiful films celebrating these special relationships. We have previously featured the story of Kylie, a young girl with terminal cancer, and Liza, the tortoiseshell cat who comforted her in her final days, and the story of Josh, a veteran suffering from PTSD whose cat Josh prevented him from ending his life.

Share your story

Mutual Rescue is currently taking submissions for stories of cats (and dogs) who rescued their humans. Judges will evaluate stories for their mutual-rescue narrative, emotional impact and originality. If you’re worried that you’re not a good enough writer, don’t worry: the quality of writing is not a factor in the story selection. They’re more interested in the essence of the story and how the pet rescued the human.

Mutual Rescue will share selected stories in film, print, and online. Four stories, based in the United States, will be made into short films for release in 2018. Stories from outside the U.S. will be considered for print and online publications but not for film. Final selections will be announced in the fall of 2017.

For more information, and to submit your story, please visit http://mutualrescue.org/stories/submit-your-story Submissions will be accepted until June 30, 2017.

9 Comments on Do You Have a Mutual Rescue Story?

1. Maria
    June 12, 2017 at 1:51 am (3 months ago)

I have been lucky to have four cats, they were not rescue cats from a shelter, but I did rescue them from possible euthanization due to previous owners (bad, wrong) choices. However, each and every of these loving creatures, saved me more that I might have admitted to myself, unless I’ve read this article. I might just take time and write down “my story”

June 12, 2017 at 5:08 am (3 months ago)

I hope you do submit your stories, Maria.

2. Carlie
    June 8, 2017 at 12:23 am (4 months ago)

Right now I don’t have a cat but I feel like my dog rescued me more than I rescued him. He took all the solitude and negative feelings I was going through and brought happiness into my life. I think pets are the most marvellous gift and example of true love that we can find.

June 8, 2017 at 5:35 am (4 months ago)

You are so right, Carlie.

3. Patti Zentara
    June 7, 2017 at 5:09 pm (4 months ago)

Ingrid, it’s not the CC site.The hiccups are at the rescue site as before. Gee….
    I give up….

June 8, 2017 at 5:40 am (4 months ago)

I’ll pass it on to them, Patti.

4. Pat Zentara
    June 7, 2017 at 8:53 am (4 months ago)

Help..your site…always works. Today, when I clicked on Submit Your Story. The lower half of the page has hiccups and will not stop.
    We all are on different devices, this error is a first in four years,
    I am on an iPad 5.1.1

June 7, 2017 at 9:23 am (4 months ago)

That’s odd, Pat. I just tested it on my iPad and iPhone, and it works fine for me. Maybe clear your browser cache and/or reboot your iPad and try again? Let me know if you still have problems.

• Patti Zentara
        June 7, 2017 at 2:06 pm (4 months ago)

Hey, Thankx.
        I will try and let you know.
        Your site is normally flawless.
        There are various version of
        the ipad as you know.)))