The Miracle of Lil BUB

lil-bub

Of all the “celebrity cats” out there, I think Lil BUB is in a league of her own. This magical little cat has overcome great odds from the time when she first came into Mike Bridavsky’s life at the age of eight weeks. BUB was born with several genetic mutations, including a shorter lower jaw and no teeth. She also has dwarfism, which means she will stay kitten-sized for her entire life, and she is the only cat in recorded history born with a rare bone condition called “osteopetrosis”.

Now 5 years old, BUB is a testament to the power of love and determination, and a recent video shows BUB running like a cheetah! It’s hard to believe that there was a time when she could barely walk.

A little over two years ago, I had a chance to interview Mike indepth about BUB, and how it all began. Mike also answered questions about how he approached helping BUB overcome her physical challenges. Click here to read the interview.

I had the pleasure of meeting BUB at CatConLA earlier this year, and this little girl is every bit as special in “person” as she comes across online. The energy coming off this tiny cat (and she’s even tinier in person than I thought she’d be) is absolutely magical, and watching the bond between her and Mike in real life, and not just through photos and videos, touched my heart deeply. Mike snapped a series of photos with Bub and me. I also got to pet Bub, and I loved how her eyes closed when I petted the top of her head. I felt like I’d been given a very special gift.

Lil-BUB

For more about BUB, please visit her website.

Photo at top of post via Lil BUB’s Facebook page

feliway-banner-with-border

13 Comments on The Miracle of Lil BUB

1. Angela Gosselin
    November 23, 2016 at 6:20 pm (3 months ago)

I just Love Lil Bub & her dude. Above all how she makes special appearances for fundraisers benefiting animal shelters & special needs kitties like herself. I love that Mike B (Dude) & Bub have shown people how cool it is to give a special needs furbaby a chance at a happy & healthy life. Genuinely, good people & kitty here <3

2. CarolMcK
    November 22, 2016 at 12:26 pm (3 months ago)

Great story! Interesting that PEMF was instrumental in helping Lil Bub. My holistic vet is recommending PEMF for my Tessie’s IBD. Do you have any experience or knowledge of other PEMF success stories?! TIA!

3. Sheila K.
    November 22, 2016 at 11:44 am (3 months ago)

It is impossible to look at this sweet girl and not fall in love with her and her guy, Mike!

4. Nancy
    November 22, 2016 at 11:16 am (3 months ago)

Ingrid,

You are a lucky person. To meet and to get to know about BUB. And can’t forget about Mike. Yes…. you can see the LOVE and BONDING between the two.

Feel have met two great CAT people, you and Mike. And most importantly…..Allerga, Ruby, and Lil BUB!

5. H Bulmer
    November 22, 2016 at 10:10 am (3 months ago)

This pair is the perfect example of love, caring and commitment. Bub is a real trooper and Mike is such a caring Dad and friend to her. Lovely to see this shining example of bounding.

6. Jane Lee
    November 22, 2016 at 9:50 am (3 months ago)

Hi!!
    I’d love to find out more about what Mike did and still does to improve and maintain Lil Bub’s mobility and overall health. Any possibility of Part 2 covering that?

7. Janine
    November 22, 2016 at 9:26 am (3 months ago)

What an inspiring story. I just love her.

November 22, 2016 at 8:31 am (3 months ago)

She’s amazing. Thanks for sharing.

9. Lauren Hammerle
    November 22, 2016 at 7:59 am (3 months ago)

Absolutely incredible and heart warming!

10. Summer
    November 22, 2016 at 4:51 am (3 months ago)

We love Lil BUB! She truly is a miracle, and her dude Mike is amazing, and such a great guy.

11. Anita Botman
    November 22, 2016 at 3:37 am (3 months ago)

She’s so wonderful! Bibi and I adore her!