Mews and Nips: Dying Woman Reunited With Her Cat

Isis-and-Joan

It’s not often that I come across a story that is as heart-breakingly beautiful as that of Isis, a two-and-a-half year old cat, and Joan, a terminally ill woman in a South Florida hospice. It’s the kind of story that restores your faith in mankind. Joan knows she won’t be able to be home again with Isis, but continues to pay the rent on her empty apartment so Isis would have  place to stay until a permanent home could be found for her, but with once daily visits from a caretaker, Isis was lonely. When Dorian Wagner, the founder of the Cute Transport Network and Santa Paws Drive, heard about this situation, she went to work and launched a social media miracle. Within days, she not only had a foster home for Isis, but she was also able to arrange for Isis to visit Joan. Visit Isis and Joan on Facebook for more about the two of them, along with some wonderful photos.

If you missed any of the stories featured on The Conscious Cat this week, here’s a recap:

On Monday, we explained the many ways in which cats show affection, on Tuesday, we introduced you to Almost Invisible Cat Litter, on Wednesday, professional cat photographer Michele West gave some tips on how to photograph cats, on Thursday, we told you how to make sure your cats’ toys are safe and shared a story about a close call with one of Allegra and Ruby’s favorite toys, and on Friday, we reviewed The Cat Fancy Cat Bible.

I have a feeling that the holidays are a favorite time for many cats – after all, there’s so much fun to be had, from climbing the Christmas tree to “helping” their humans wrap presents. Today’s video purr-fectly captures cats’ delight in the season. Enjoy!

Have a great weekend!

9 Comments on Mews and Nips: Dying Woman Reunited With Her Cat

1. Marg
    December 14, 2014 at 6:04 pm (3 years ago)

Dorian is a wonderful person, as are all of those helping Joan through her journey. It gives me goosebumps to think that people can do all this for someone they don’t know. I hope they all have a blessed christmas, and a wonderful new year.

2. Glogirly & Katie
    December 14, 2014 at 2:00 am (3 years ago)

I don’t remember a time when my heart felt like it was going to burst! This is so inspiring, so beautiful… Dorian and the community of giving and caring people that have come together to make this happen are truly angels.

3. Maxwell, Faraday & Allie
    December 13, 2014 at 9:53 pm (3 years ago)

That was the most touching, heartwarming story. Dorian did something truly great by bringing Joan one more cuddle with her precious Isis.

December 13, 2014 at 5:49 pm (3 years ago)

What a heartwarming story. I missed that one this week.

5. Deb Barnes - Zee and Zoey
    December 13, 2014 at 9:45 am (3 years ago)

Dorian is an incredible human being and this story is such a testament to the good in people. My heart goes out to Joan – I wish her a peaceful journey when her time comes and may Isis find a wonderful new forever home.

6. Diane
    December 13, 2014 at 9:43 am (3 years ago)

That is just heartwarming. There is always the worry.. what if something happens to me, what will happen to my pets.. who will care for them. Perhaps it’s a good idea to have a “godparent” agreement with a friend or relative if possible..

7. Nancy Dehm
    December 13, 2014 at 8:49 am (3 years ago)

What touching story,blessed are the people who helped her spend time wit Isis

8. Summer
    December 13, 2014 at 3:21 am (3 years ago)

Joan and Isis’ story touched me and my human too.