Conscious Cat Sunday: The Value of Taking a Break

tortoiseshell_cat

No one can get inner peace by pouncing on it. – Harry Emerson Fosdick

When you run your own business and work from home, the way I do, you don’t have a set work day or work week. It’s easy to forget to take breaks, especially when you’re doing what you love. Thankfully, I have Allegra and Ruby to remind me to take frequent breaks throughout the day, but sometimes, I feel like I need a whole day off – and that’s what I’m going to try to do today.

Taking a break can help you gain perspective, recharge and refocus. Taking a break means taking care of yourself – because if you don’t take care of yourself first, you won’t have anything left to give to others. And ultimately, taking a break not only brings balance to your life, it also makes you more productive.

We hope you’ll consider taking a break today, too. If you need a little bit of help convincing you to do so, consider these columns:

The Value of Doing Nothing

Getting Away from it All

Take Time for Yourself

7 Comments on Conscious Cat Sunday: The Value of Taking a Break

1. Nathan
    November 5, 2014 at 6:49 pm (3 years ago)

Was looking around the net for the first Christmas present for our first rescued cat and bumped into this site. You have obviously put a lot of effort into this post. I’m in sunny England so not sure if these products ship…but I’l have a better look tomorrow when I have some more time.

Once again, well done and good effort

• Nathan
      November 5, 2014 at 6:52 pm (3 years ago)

Oops…why has it done that… I was reading your latest post for Nov 5th and my comment ended up here…

July 20, 2014 at 5:12 pm (3 years ago)

Have a wonderful day off and week.

3. toni / rctees
    July 20, 2014 at 12:11 pm (3 years ago)

Oh Ingrid, I totally agree BUT…it seems that when I do take a break, it takes me twice the energy to catch up on what I missed. Yes, the ONLY downside to running your own business! And I am so very thankful to have the work that I do…but it IS exhausting….in the best possible way.

4. Glogirly and Katie
    July 20, 2014 at 12:06 pm (3 years ago)

Enjoy your well-deserved break! Today is a perfect day for recharging the batteries!
    I’m gong to take your advice and schedule in a day for myself too!
    ~GG

P.S. Thank you so much for the sweet birthday wishes for Glogirly and helping to make our comment-a-thon a huge success! xo, Katie & Waffles

5. Suellen
    July 20, 2014 at 10:01 am (3 years ago)

If only I could…I have four 2 week old kittens that came into the shelter in extremely bad shape – fleas, anemic, starving, dehydrated! I have 5 6 week old kittens with very bad eye problems that need meds – three different ones four times a day. Thankfully we have Dr. Jurk of Whately, Ma who is the top in her field of animal eye health and she actually donates her time to shelter animals! Without her generosity we could never afford to treat these helpless babies’ eye problems – We have so many that come in horrendous problems. AND then my usual 13 kitties (adults) that live with me! Oh well, maybe I can grab a nap today for a few minutes between feedings and cleaning “pawkey”. (pawkey is our word for kitty poo). Have a peaceful restful day – I’ll try to do the same.

6. Deb Barnes - Zee and Zoey
    July 20, 2014 at 9:03 am (3 years ago)

MOL… Since that was my theme at blog this week, I concur wholeheartedly and wish you a wonderful day off!