Conscious Cat Sunday: A Day of Rest

a_day_of_rest

Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest, and after spending the last three fun-filled days at the BlogPaws pet blogging conference, I am in desperate need of some rest! I’m going to follow Allegra’s lead and do absolutely nothing today.

I’ll leave you with this quote from Maya Angelou, on the importance of getting a day of rest:

“Every person needs to take one day away. A day in which one consciously separates the past from the future. Jobs, family, employers, and friends can exist one day without any one of us, and if our egos permit us to confess, they could exist eternally in our absence. Each person deserves a day away in which no problems are confronted, no solutions searched for. Each of us needs to withdraw from the cares which will not withdraw from us.” – from Wouldn’t Take Nothing for My Journey Now

Perhaps, I’ll need to take this advice every week, not just after attending a conference.

Have a wonderful Sunday – I hope it involves some “doing nothing!”

12 Comments on Conscious Cat Sunday: A Day of Rest

1. Sam H
    May 20, 2013 at 1:10 pm (2 years ago)

I like that pic, and that is exactly how I feel after retiring! This post just wore me out, think I’ll take a nap.

2. Lynda
    May 19, 2013 at 7:54 pm (2 years ago)

To create the appearance of “doing nothing” is very hard work indeed, as Allegra is demonstrating most excellently.

3. maru
    May 19, 2013 at 1:12 pm (2 years ago)

Make the best of the day, I had a fine rest yesterday. The quote is just purrrrfect.

4. grandmasmad3ringcircus
    May 19, 2013 at 12:58 pm (2 years ago)

Wonderful quote that we all need to heed.
    we need rest in these hectic times.

5. Debi
    May 19, 2013 at 11:23 am (2 years ago)

My kitty Zoe says that the cat napper on which Allegra is resting on is the best invention ever for cats! She loves hers too, as did every one of my other kitties!

May 19, 2013 at 4:04 pm (2 years ago)

Allegra and Rub agree, Debi!

6. Vicki Cook
    May 19, 2013 at 7:54 am (2 years ago)

Ingrid – that’s why I started taking Sundays off. I felt like I just needed one day a week when I wasn’t committed to posting something on my blog. I’ve been doing it since the beginning of the year, and I feel much better. Of course, that doesn’t keep me from reading and commenting on other people’s blogs on Sunday!

May 19, 2013 at 9:39 am (2 years ago)

I know what you mean, Vicki. We missed you at BlogPaws!

7. Sammy
    May 19, 2013 at 6:58 am (2 years ago)

We’re having a rather laid back Sunday here too Miss Ingrid and nobody in my house even went to BlogPaws ! Sunday is always a quiet day around here……reading the Sunday paper (or in my case playing with it), having breakfast (YUMMY BACON), snuggling with my Mom and just being ME! Hope you had a super time at the conference.

Kitty Hugs, Sammy

May 19, 2013 at 9:39 am (2 years ago)

Enjoy your Sunday, Sam and Pam. I wish you could have been at BlogPaws!

8. Safepethaven
    May 19, 2013 at 1:48 am (2 years ago)

I disagree with the photo caption, that cats do nothing, then have to rest afterward.

I maintain that they do quite a lot, including keeping us on schedule
    with their feeding, medications, toileting hygiene, grooming, all the
    while helping us to lower our blood pressure and stress levels by merely purring
    and/or kneading on us.

Then there is their uncanny ability to read our moods and intervene with comforting
    us with their hugs and cuddles when we’re the most stressed or going through our
    worst grief, and charge nothing as would a psychologist. I’m sure they work hard
    to provide us with many additional beneficial services.

May 19, 2013 at 9:39 am (2 years ago)

And it’s no wonder that after all of that, they need a nice long nap! :-)