Pledge to help senior cats

senior cats make great pets

Earlier today, we featured some beautiful senior cats who are looking for their forever homes. But even if you can’t adopt right now, you can still help senior cats, and it’s as easy as telling someone about how wonderful they are.

In honor of Adopt-a-Senior-Pet Month, Petfinder has teamed up with Bissell and is asking everyone to pledge to tell one person about why senior pets are great. By pledging, you’re also automatically entered to win a Bissell Lift-Off® Deep Cleaning System for yourself and one for the Petfinder shelter or rescue group of your choice . Click here to pledge to help senior cats (and dogs, too).

Telling someone about the joys of adopting an older cat doesn’t take long. Here are some suggestions on how you can do it:

By taking the pledge to help senior cats, everybody wins: the cats who might find homes as a result of you spreading the word, and you or a shelter of your choice if you win the Bissell contest.

6 Comments on Pledge to help senior cats

1. Kim Leary
    November 14, 2012 at 12:31 pm (4 years ago)

I adopted Roy when he was 7 yrs old. A big, black fluffy ball of sweetness. He is my baby and I cannot imagine him anywhere other than next to me on the couch. I often wonder who had him before and why would you give him away. Loves him!

2. Esme
    November 24, 2011 at 11:56 pm (5 years ago)

Ingrid, how do I share my facebook page?

November 25, 2011 at 6:35 am (5 years ago)

Esme, you could just randomly pick a senior cat on Petfinder and share her on your Facebook page, or you could share about this pledge.

3. Lemony Gregg
    November 24, 2011 at 10:55 pm (5 years ago)

Hi. I’m so pleased to see this post in honor of senior cats and dogs. I volunteer at an animal shelter in central Pennsylvania and have the great opportunity of working with senior kitties on a regular basis. They have SO much love to offer and most often their personalities have (almost) fully bloomed and so it’s easier to know what to expect when you’re adopting them than when you’re taking in a kitten. They are such a delight: I just adore them ALL!

November 25, 2011 at 6:34 am (5 years ago)

Aren’t senior kitties wonderful? Thank you for all you do for cats, Lemony Gregg!

4. Wendy Christensen
    November 23, 2011 at 6:55 pm (5 years ago)

Senior kitties are the best. Adopt one (or two) today!