The 2011 Petties – trophy, acceptance speech and interview

Ingrid King The Conscious Cat Best Pet Blog 2011 Petties

While nothing will equal the moment when Leslie Smith, the Editor for DogTime/CatTime Media, announced that The Conscious Cat won the 2011 Pettie for Best Pet Blog during the virtual award ceremony on August 26, there’s been a little more excitement even after the win. Since noone had more to do with us winning this award than all of you who read The Conscious Cat each and every day, I want to share all of it with you.

Pettie award pet blogging

The actual Pettie trophy arrived via Fed Ex last week. The presentation was quite impressive – it came in a beautiful gold box and was nestled in purple satin. And it’s so much bigger than I expected- Oscar, eat your heart out!

All Pettie winners were interviewed by DogTime/CatTime Media. They asked some great questions, and you can read the entire interview with me on CatTime.

Pettie winners were also asked to record an acceptance speech, which you can watch below.

And we’re not quite done with the post-Pettie excitement. Next weekend, I’ll be delivering the $500 donation check and a plaque to Cindy Ingram of Casey’s House. And following the tradition of virtual ceremonies and acceptance speeches established by DogTime/CatTime, I will be “virtually” delivering the $500 donation check and plaque to Robin Olson of Kitten Associates.

18 Comments on The 2011 Petties – trophy, acceptance speech and interview

1. Deb Barnes - Zee and Zoey
    September 16, 2011 at 10:06 pm (6 years ago)

Many, many con-cat-lations on your Petties win! I found it especially touching that you reached out to all of your kitties – past and present – and it is so wonderful that you were able to share the money with two very deserving groups. I can only imagine the journey that the Conscious Cat is about to embark on!! xoxo

2. Pam
    September 16, 2011 at 8:48 pm (6 years ago)

Thank you for sharing the Pettie award with us, Ingrid. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting you “live!”

Many congratulations on winning Best Pet Blog – just as I had voted for!

Looking forward to many more days of reading The Conscious Cat 🙂

September 16, 2011 at 8:59 pm (6 years ago)

Thank you so much, Pam!

3. Anna
    September 16, 2011 at 3:53 pm (6 years ago)

Thank you for sharing, Ingrid! I’m so happy for you!!! Congratulations again!!!!
    Off to read your interview!
    Have a great weekend, Ingrid!

September 16, 2011 at 5:39 pm (6 years ago)

Thanks, Anna! You have a wonderful weekend, too!

4. Bernadette
    September 16, 2011 at 2:55 pm (6 years ago)

Ingrid, I just virtually introduced you to my two torties, Cookie and Kelly, who are sharing my desk! I told them you were the ones who did their reiki treatments–they didn’t act impressed, but you know how cats can be about these things.

Congratulations!

September 16, 2011 at 5:39 pm (6 years ago)

I don’t expect too many cats to be impressed by either the Pettie, or my video, Bernadette. Now if I could have convinced Allegra and Ruby to make an appearance (beyond Ruby’s streak across the camera), things might have been different.

5. Layla Morgan Wilde
    September 16, 2011 at 2:49 pm (6 years ago)

We loved this and tagged the video on FB. Long live The Conscious Cat! Has Ruby claimed the statuette as hers yet?

September 16, 2011 at 5:38 pm (6 years ago)

Thanks, Layla. Actually, Ruby has shown remarkably little interest in the statue. It may be because it’s bigger than she is…

6. maru
    September 16, 2011 at 2:49 pm (6 years ago)

Nice!
    Congatulations again.

Nice weekend.

September 16, 2011 at 5:38 pm (6 years ago)

Thanks, Maru – you have a great weekend, too!

7. caren gittleman
    September 16, 2011 at 9:17 am (6 years ago)

Wonderful Ingrid!!! Loved when your kitty entered the video! 🙂

September 16, 2011 at 12:11 pm (6 years ago)

Thanks, Caren. Ruby has to be in the middle of everything 🙂

8. Max the Quilt Cat
    September 16, 2011 at 8:28 am (6 years ago)

Yay… wonderful speech and so glad you won the award.

pawhugs, Max

September 16, 2011 at 12:11 pm (6 years ago)

Thanks, Max!

3Pingbacks & Trackbacks on The 2011 Petties – trophy, acceptance speech and interview

1. […] mail. As you can see in the picture above, Allegra and Ruby approve! The beautiful statue joined last year’s award for Best Pet Blog on my desk, and inspires me to continue blogging every […]

2. […] receive a beautiful statue and a $1000 donation to a shelter or rescue group of their choice. My 2011 Pettie is sitting right next to me on my desk as I write this. It provides inspiration every day for me to […]

3. […] day. We launched our popular weekly Mews and Nips and Conscious Cat Sunday features. We won the 2011 Pettie for Best Pet Blog. We won a Certificate of Excellence from the Cat Writers Association. Our post The Joys of Adopting […]